Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blogging for beginners-

Blog #1 Topic:  Why do I want to be a teacher?  Who or what inspired me to pursure this career?  

Wow what a super broad subject! There is a real long story that goes with this. I guess I should just start at the beginning. I lost my job in construction 2 years ago in October. I began to think, "What would I do with my life (since I have to start over anyway!)? What is my dream? What will make me happy?"
Construction wasn't the answer, and I explored other options and finally came to the realization that I wanted to be a Track Coach. (Can you find me in the picture) At the same time I had to find a career that would be convenient for this, TEACHING! So then I had to figure out what subject I would love everyday...ESPANOL! 
So I am on the path that will take to me teaching. So what is it about teaching that I think will make me happy everyday?

The whole reason I want to teach is to situate me to help others. My goals are to become a great teacher and coach. I feel that I will be able to touch the lives of students and in turn their families present and future. I hope to help direct them in a very positive way. I love young people in general and have coached in a few opportunities and absolutely loved it! It has always been natural for me to look for opportunities to serve and help others anyway I can. My life will be dedicated to lifting those around me, family, church and community in all that I do.
One recent example is a student I help coach in track and field. He is very talented, active and has great intentions; but needs more structure during practice to accomplish his very lofty goals. I have tried to modify my coaching style to better suit his needs, while not neglecting the other athletes' needs. I am making that sound easier than it is!

The hard part about all this is that I will probably not know right away if I have done any good.  




3 comments:

  1. I know you will be a wonderful teacher since you are so patient and kind. Guess what?! I broke out the old "sipper-puff” chair a couple of weeks ago, and although I was rusty I didn't do too badly! I wish you could've been there to see me in action! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known you for about five years now. You have been a person I look up to as a role model, friend, and also like a brother since the day I first started hanging out with you. You will excel in this career path for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete