Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 35- Driving out of STGO


We finally have made all the repairs, and received all the paperwork needed to leave Santiago! It was a little embarrassing to leave empty handed from the Notary yesterday, hopefully more so for him as the Notary promised us the paperwork yesterday morning. But he went personally to the Registro Civil this morning to take care of the paperwork, so in that regards he gets a thumbs up. We drove approximately 877 Kilometers... or 545 miles (not too impressive) we stayed in a small town called Caldera. The crazy traffic, dark unfamiliar roads and the having to turn back at one point because there wasn't a gas station we were going to reach, and the closest one was 40 kilometers back, I hate it when I miscalculate! The good news is the vehicle is running great, the bad news is that gas is very expensive, I haven't done the calculations yet, I am just hoping that the gas tank on this beast is oversized... We don't have any pictures, because every time I suggested Niki take a picture, she just looked at me... Ha Ha! Will try harder tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment