Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 4- Rain and vehicle choices


It started raining today, I forgot how much rain they get here. We have no pictures because we didn’t want to ruin the camera my parents gave us. We were hoping to buy a car today so we were at the Notario (Notary Public) and the apartment of the seller of one of the vehicles in our soaking clothes. Our shoes were soaking through, our pants most of the way and my jacket was dripping wet, Niki at least had her small umbrella. To put it in perspective everything I was wearing was wet except the very top of my pants, luckily, because that is where my documentation and money was.

The premise of our trip has been to fly into Chile and drive back to the States. We sold both our vehicles in the states so that we could buy one here in Chile, the truth is that I want a 4x4 and Niki wants an efficient vehicle. The good part is that diesel vehicles abound in Santiago, its less expensive here. My dream was a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a diesel engine. Unfortunately the price is pretty much equal between the two countries. So looking online for Todo terreno (All terrain) SUV's in our price range we found a couple decent candidates. The following are NOT actual pictures of the subjects being considered, but are the same color. I am going to try to not get into too much detail and bore anyone who isn't a gear head. 

95 Jeep Grand Cherokee
 95 Land Rover Discovery
 2000 Hyundai Galloper (diesel)

Driving each vehicle was a good indicator, the Galloper was downright scary but its a diesel. The Jeep has some electrical issues but is in pretty good shape and the Land Rover has a few cosmetic imperfections but is pretty smooth for an SUV. If you wish you can suggest which you would buy and vote. Tune in next time for the announcement for which candidate will be carrying us home!

4 comments:

  1. I am reading this for the first time June 20th. What is up with the time delay on the blog posts??
    I assume you actually wrote the blog on May 27th?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I just finished the writing of it, but to keep things simpler I am backdating it...

      Delete
  2. Land Rover since that is what you always wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks isuzu d'max pakistan

    ReplyDelete